Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thanksgiving




The work is grand!
I forgot it was Thanksgiving until the night
time when someone reminded me. We didn’t do
anything eventful but ate some leftovers at the
Assistants place that they had made. The week
has been interesting and flew by for the most
part like usual.
Sorry this email might be short because for some
reason I forgot my planner at the Assistants
apartment and I’m emailing in a city I’m not
used to. The reason for that is because this week
we had the power turned off at our flat and we were
told that we owed 700,000 shillings
for the power. That is like an entire years worth
of power charges! It turns out that the couples had
been paying the landlord the money to
pay for the power and how the woman must have been
pocketing the money. She expected us to pay the entire bill,
again!
Well Elder S who is one of the couple missionaries in
charge of finances just said pack your things, your leaving.
So Thursday we spent the whole day cleaning and packing.
think he wanted us to move so fast because we also
didn’t have water and were having to shower at
the church.
On Wednesday we did have a good DDM though. We had it
at the church and as a District we watched the District 2
and we ordered a couple pizzas from a pretty good pizza
place we found that delivers. It was
an excellent DDM. One of the Elders who has been out
15 months told me it was the best DDM he’s had all mission.
It’s always good to learn new things but to have some
fun and enjoyment at the same time right?
Anyways, when we moved out they wanted to find us a
place but we can’t move into the new place until Dec. 1
so for now, we are staying with
the Assistants in Ntenda. It’s pretty fun having 6 guys
in the house.

Sunday was good but a little sad seeing that not a lot
f people came to church. We had a family we wanted to
come because they have a baptismal date for the 12th and
there are like 6 of them but I guess
they were in Village so we missed them. The other
missionaries did have a baptism of this woman named V
who comes from a semi-Muslim family. The woman’s mother,
who is Muslim, actually encouraged her to
be baptized because of the positive change that happened
in her other daughters who joined the church. Pretty awesome!
So today Elder C and I are just wondering around
Ntenda since the AP’s and the Zone Leaders had a Zone Leaders
Council all day in Kololo. Everything is great though only
that this computer I’m on doesn’t have a USB port to put
my camera in so I might not send any
pictures home this week.

The family seriously sounds so awesome! Being here makes
me appreciate you all so much. I was telling some of the
others how the littlebthings in life are more appreciated
here on mission. Some little things I really enjoy now
and give me a good feeling are things like
the shade, a cold drink, a good meal, people coming to church,
incenses, running water, having power, a cool day, kind
children,understanding adults, seeing members, a Dr. Pepper,
a funny moment, a package, and many other small things
I’ve never really appreciated before. I wish you all
could come here and your lives back home would
be so much better I guarantee it! I don’t think anything
on mission is better
than just a package. That can make the week seem better!
Love you all.

Elder Welch


No comments:

Post a Comment