Sunday, December 12, 2010

the week flew by...








We sang a few Christmas songs at church this last Sunday.
I love Christmas time. We plan on singing carols this
month as a District and maybe with a few members on like
street corners or at parks.

This week flew by again. I feel like I was just sitting here.
Tuesday we set a baptismal date with K for Dec. 12.
She’s came the lastfew weeks and she has good relations to
the church. It was seriously a miracle we found her in
the middle of the slums. We’re having her
‘brother’ baptize her I think. His name is F K and I think I
mentioned before he’s in charge of missionaries apartments
and that kind of stuff. He’s even the one who found our
new apartment they are setting up.

Thursday a member made us some make shift macaroni and cheese
which was good.

Saturday started good but ended badly. I ate some fish
fillet at a restaurant for lunch and by our next lesson,
I wasn’t feeling so well at all. I fell asleep during the
lesson and I woke up and I felt like someone had beat my
entire body with a stick. I had a bad headache and
we had to rush to the church so I could so some… business.
I then laid in the church for like an hour and got really cold.
I felt like I had malaria but I knew that wasn’t possible
since I take my pill every day. I went to bed early that night
even and started feeling better by the next day. I didn’t
eat anything until Sunday night so that was
quite a bit of time since I ate that dirty fish fillet for
lunch on Saturday. Whatevers.

Sunday was still good. We had 8 investigators come and 4
of them have baptismal dates. The three families didn’t
show up again which made me pretty sad. The one’s who got
lost last week I showed to a less active
guy hoping he would bring them this Sunday. Of course he
didn’t show so they probably didn’t know where the church was.

It is going to suck around here because of the holidays.
People are going to their villages and a couple of our baptismal
date candidates are leaving for almost two months. It sucks
how people just pick up and go to village so often without
telling anyone. People just disappear that way.

It’s been hard starting this new area back up but I know
that in no time this ward will be back on it’s feet.
God works in mysterious ways sometimes. It’s good to be set
apart as a missionary because it’s a
totally different feeling. I understand why the always said
Jesus wept. When I feel the Spirit now I always feel like weeping.
I know we all feel the Spirit in different ways but I think
when you see anyone crying when bearing testimony, that they
are bearing it by the Spirit of God. I love that feeling!

Well I hope you all are continuing to do awesome.

Elder Welch

P.S. I forgot to explain that we had Japanese food on Friday night. So
that’s where those awesome pics come from. Also on Sunday night we
went to a birthday party for two members. Pretty fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment