Sunday, February 13, 2011

The work is good and the transition is great.
The transfer has started great and I’ve seen the
greatest miracles since I’ve been on my
mission this week.

I think you’re right about me staying here is a
blessing. There are so many great families we’ve
found just this last week!

So another blurry week. Monday I received Elder M
and we were able to see each other again. I had
seen him a bit when we were both
in Jinja together and he’s a cool guy.

Tuesday I basically showed him a little around
the area which was nice.

The real blessings came on Wednesday when A
our recent convert, came to Kampala from Kanungu
(9 hours away). He was meeting
with President but we were blessed having him for
Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. He showed us many
of his friends and family members and it
was awesome. He showed us many people who seemed
just ready to be baptized and trusted him so much.
He told me how he just is surprised
at how he has this power to persuade people and
help them believe what he was saying. I told him
that was the Priesthood he has been given,
and how he needs to always be worthy to have that
power with him. He
uses it well! The fruits of it happened on Sunday.

On Sunday we had 91 people at church. That’s about
20 more than usual and it was all because of the
Priesthood God has given, especially to
Abusolom and how he has used it to it’s full potential.
For our side we had 16 investigators there, not
including all of their kids. It was
about 4 families A has showed us. Even J and D
came from his influence. We have about 10 baptismal
dates set right now, 5 of them coming from a referral
J and D gave us. A woman named A who lives near
them was very interested in the
Gospel and was converted immediately it seems. She
has 4 kids who we plan on baptizing probably on
the 27th. They were supposed to be for
the 20th but I don’t think that will happen now
since we are supposed to stay indoors for the
17th to the 20th because of elections and just
to be safe.

Also, F was baptized. The water was low so they
had to do it a couple times but it was still great.
A ton of people were there for
the baptism too so that made me happy, I just hope
they weren’t scared when they saw they were baptized
a few times and were scared when they
came out haha.

Later last night, Brother C, the 1st counselor
who works at the Embassy, invited us over for dinner.
It was great and it was good seeing him. He’s the man
and made us this awesome lasagna dish. It
was like being in the U.S. for a few hours. We even
watched some planet earth on his blueray player which
was awesome!

Even today we went to this place called wonder
world. It’s an amusement park in our area and it
was cool. It was closed though but
we still walked around it and we even were able
to use the go karts they had there. I kind of messed
the wheel up on the one but that only
got us more time on the go karts! It was fun and a
nice break for our P-day. Now we’re emailing.

So I hope you are all doing great and know that I
love you all so much. The church is so true and the
blessings are very great for those
that wish for Heaven here on Earth. I’m starting
to realize that it is easy to receive the blessings,
all we have to do is follow the
councils of our Heavenly Father as the prophets
and scriptures speak for him. I love the scriptures
so much and I’m thankful for the hope
and knowledge they provide.

Elder Welch



No comments:

Post a Comment