Saturday, March 5, 2011

Birthday Week

The weeks been good.
So Tuesday was a good day. Almost forgot it was
my birthday until I looked at my planner. The
day was good. In the evening to celebrate we
got some pizza (kind of like you mom and dad) and
Tuttle made achocolate cake which was really nice.
We all just hung out and enjoyed
each other’s company.

On Wednesday we had a DDM and I had us watch some
of the training segments from the District 2 and
talk about how we could become better
missionaries. It was pretty good and the
missionaries in that video are great examples as to
what we want our investigators to see us as.

On Friday we had a District Leaders Council here in
Nsambya and it was good talking about each of our
areas and how we could improve. The AP’s were there
as well which was nice. Afterwards we had a lot of
the baptismal
interviews.

On Saturday we started the morning by finishing up a
couple of interviews. I went with Elder Tuttle to
the church so he could interview them and while I was
there they were doing cleaning so I
thought I would help out with that. Well we had the
baptisms and all seven of them were baptized. A’s kids,
K and D , and B. It was way awesome. The Elder’s
Quorum president, J M, was able to baptize them all for
us. He did a great job! It was only unfortunate that my
companion wasn’t able to make it to the baptisms..

On Sunday we had 85 people at sacrament meeting which
was great and all seven of those baptized were able to
be confirmed. We even had a guy named M M do his first
confirmation ever. Actually we had him do three and he
did great. We later demonstrated in Elder’s
Quorum how to do a confirmation. I also gave the lesson
in there on the creation and the aspect of the priesthood
in that. One of the guys in there asked about why women
didn’t have the priesthood. I then
explained pretty much the same thing that my former
teacher at BYU taught, the essay she wrote on women that
I sent, and how women’s ‘priesthood’ Is motherhood. Women
are responsible to bring us into the
world, and men are responsible to bring us out of this
world. I went a little more in depth into it but I really
think they all enjoyed it and hopefully it will allow them
to show more respect for women.

And today, we went to Garden City, this mall area in
Kololo that has great restaurants and other things to do.
I did draw out some cash, sorry, to kind of have a nice
celebration lunch. We ate at this place
called New York Kampala, and they serve pizza, burgers,
shakes, and other delicious American food. It was pretty
great.

Well that’s another week for me.
Also we will have to make that cake and take some more
pictures of that eh! I just want you all to
know how much I love you and how true the church is. The
more I know, the more I feel the Spirit, and no other
feeling can even compare to the testifying witness of the
Spirit that this is the true church, and
that Jesus is the Christ who lived and died for us that we
could return to our Heavenly Father and become joint
heirs with him.


Elder Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment